Sunday, October 25, 2020

The end of an era

COVID day 197. My birth mother Mildred Leona McConkey nee Robinson passed away on October 11 2020 and was born September 25, 1930. She was an avid golfer and won many trophies. I bought this ornament for the tree in memory of my mother. 
She grew up with and lived with 2 of her sisters of 8 children. Muriel Irene Graham nee Robinson passed 6 months after I met her on April 8 2015 and Shirley Joan Nason nee Robinson passed August 19, 2004. The 3 also worked together at Bell where they retired from. They lived with a family in Napanee growing up until the 3 moved in together when they worked for Bell. My mother was 33 when she had me. Never looking at me she named me Elizabeth Louise Robinson and did not list the father (immaculate conception, lol) no not really, I was the product of date rape. Life would have been very different if she had kept me. I wonder if she or my aunts ever got excited when I kick or moved in my mother's womb I guess I'll never know. They are all dead. She had a brother burn to death when he was young (that must have been very traumatic for the family) and another at 27 due to lockjaw. The rest all died of natural causes. Her parents were Percy and Rose nee Smith Robinson. The 3 women never had children except for me. They had many stepchildren but never children of their own. 
I think that's about it for now. I might write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment